VCPI is accepting applications for the position of Communications Coordinator
What VCPI needs:
VCPI is looking for a dynamic, creative, and talented individual to join our team as a Communications Coordinator. This person will be responsible for assisting the Strategic Communications Manager in developing and executing strategic communications and messaging to support VCPI’s initiatives in advancing public safety nationwide.
VCPI manages multiple brand identities, each with its own tone, audience, and objectives. We are looking for someone who is able to write for different voices; manage tasks from a diversity of projects at once; and work closely and independently with members of the creative and production teams. This position offers opportunities to play an important role in a wide variety of communications/marketing initiatives—such as branding, advertising, public awareness, customer relations, social media, and much more—from concept and development to delivery and review.
Primary responsibilities will include assisting in the development and implementation of statewide and national outreach campaigns to connect with public safety professionals and the communities they serve; the creation and distribution of content and messaging in a variety of venues to include social media, email, print, and VCPI-managed websites; and the maintenance of those communication channels.
Are you the right candidate?
First, do you have the basic requirements?
- Experience writing/editing for promotional emails, social media and blog posts, advertisement and website copy, or other communications materials.
- Experience building, tracking, and analyzing advertising campaigns in Google Ads, Facebook LinkedIn, etc.
- Experience working with CRM platforms such as MailChimp, HubSpot, or similar.
- Experience working with printers, graphic designers, digital/print ad vendors, service reps, and other communications/ marketing vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be both self-directed and work well as part of a team.
- Ability to complete multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
- A minimum of three years in communications and/or marketing field.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field is required.
- Experience working with the public safety industry preferred, but not required.
Next, are you a good fit for VCPI?
- Do you enjoy writing, creating, and distributing original content to inform and inspire others?
- Do you enjoy the idea of building something?
- Do you take ownership and pride in your work, and enjoy being part of an effort that’s bigger than yourself?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment?
- Do you enjoy participating in idea generation and developmental and explorative processes?
- Do you subscribe to a life-long learning philosophy and practice?
- Are you passionate about life in general and do you put that energy into your work?
- This position is a full-time position based in VCPI’s Richmond, Virginia offices. Some travel is required. Salary is competitive and the VCPI benefits package is designed to attract great people and keep them. VCPI provides a fun, casual, and professional work environment, lots of flexibility, and an opportunity to make a difference.
This position is a full-time position based in VCPI’s Richmond, Virginia office. Salary is competitive and the VCPI benefits package is designed to attract great people and keep them. VCPI provides a fun, casual, and professional work environment, lots of flexibility, and an opportunity to make a difference.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your résumé and cover letter to [email protected].